Recommended PC requirements
You're welcome to participate in QuiBids auctions with almost any computer capable of accessing the Internet. However, we recommend you follow these specifications for an optimal auction experience.
Supported operating system:
- Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP
- Mac OS X 10.3 or higher
- Chrome 6.0 or higher (recommended)
- Firefox 3.6 or higher
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher
Recommended Internet connection:
- 512k DSL connection or faster
*Note we do not recommended you use QuiBids on a dial-up or mobile connection.
Why hasn't my bid registered on an auction?
Sometimes users report placing a bid that was not recognized by the auction in time to prevent the auction from ending. This is usually caused by internet lag times or data transfer delays between your PC and our servers.
Lag time most commonly occurs when certain parts of the connection are overloaded. This also might occur if you are using a slow Internet connection, or if the connection has been lost.
We're very sorry that the QuiBids servers did not register your bid in time. Please read the tips below to help understand and minimize this problem:
- While bidding, do not simultaneously download or upload large amounts of data (video, audio, software, or other large files) on the Internet. This includes sending or receiving large email attachments.
- Make sure there aren't too many people accessing your connection to the internet (i.e. sharing a Wi-Fi network)
- Don’t wait until the last second to place a bid. Remember that time will be added to the clock for any last-second bids.
- Use the Bid-O-Matic function.
What happens if there’s downtime or an auction pauses?
Downtime is an unforeseeable setback that all online retail companies experience. During such times, users will not be able to place bids in an auction.
I'm using an AOL browser and it's not letting me bid.
How do I activate cookies?
To participate in QuiBids auctions, your browser must allow for cookies to be stored on your computer. To enable cookie storing on your computer, please find your preferred internet browser below and follow its link for instructions: